Session 1: enough to hit level 2
Session 2: 1320
Session 3: 2600
Session 4: 1500
Jian (Straight sword, double edged) = Rapier (S/P)
Dao(Curved sword, single edged) = smaller ones are scimitars, larger ones are longswords
The Five Constants
Humaneness: Being a decent person
Righteousness: Do good works
Ritual: Adhere to correct rituals
Knowledge: Learn things.
Integrity: Personal Integrity
Four Confucian Virtues
Little Forest Sect: Buddhist, arrogant, "strongest"?
Heaven Sword Alliance: Federation of sword fighters
Eagle Talons: Escort Agency, very powerful
Yun Clan: Frontier horsemen
4 Great societies
Resplendent Pheonix Society: All women, social justice
Beggar Fraternity: beggars, spies, etc.
Falling Leaves: Ancient society. Aristocratic?
Dragon Well Society: Daoist sect, magics?
Unorthodox Factions: Somewhat evil.
Liquid Metal Delegates: Recruited from Orphans, no leadership, no "agenda"?
Southern Dragon Clan:Pirate clan
100 Ghosts Faction: Necromancers? Emo?
Blood Wind Cult: All Female, kinda evil, assassins and guards.
4 Banes: Actually Evil.
Black Lotus Society: Poisoners,
The Fire Doctrine: Buddhists, evil, fire, Gunpowder? Hedonists
Blade Dogs?: New, created by evil dude,
Vile Rain Cult: Ancient cult, bad guys. Wants to blow up the world.
- Evolving equipment: depending on whether many people are using free magic item classes I might try to introduce an evolving magic item system like in Earthdawn (or Weapons of Legacy)--> Flagged Events or situations that are cool enough to be an Event = narrative source of power, ie dragon fighting, epic poetry smackdown etc. Upside comes with a downside. Also magic item DCs should increase with level.
- Make Tian Xia way less japanese (ie no katanas, most chinese weapons have western analogues), less japanese names
- Set the entire adventure path in the asian setting, this will require retooling the first 4 adventure books (lol) and resetting PC expectation of being able to rampage around a completely lawless world (at least in the beginning)
- Encounter design is not going to focus on fairness, and disengages/avoidance should be possible
- Enhanced narrative sections, less cutscenes.
HP is rated at: D6: 4 D8: 5 D10: 7 D12: 8
Fighters get a good will progression.
The agile weapon modifier is bought as a +4000 GP modifier.
Rogues run a full BAB and D10 HP. Rogue items that give bonus to hits are now all under revision.